Hitmakerz is a full-service record label based in Iqaluit, Nunavut. We specialize in creating and marketing world-class Inuit and Indigenous music. Hitmakerz has studios in Iqaluit, Nunavut and Ottawa, Ontario. The label currently works with more than 20 Inuit and Indigenous artists, and we represent and promote many more. The company was founded in 2016.
We’re a social enterprise, and our mission is to create viable careers in the arts for Inuit and Indigenous artists through music, media, and education. Our secondary mission is to empower artists to share and strengthen their stories and culture.
- Creative Director / Music Producer – Thor Simonsen
- Cultural Director / Instructor – Kelly Fraser
- Instructor – Angela Amarualik
- Instructor – Colleen Aasiva Nakashuk
- #3 on iTunes Pop Charts (2018)
- Indigenous Music Awards (2017, 2019)
- Juno Awards (2017)
- Planet Award (2007)